BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

24 July 2008

Excitement Abounds

Most of my days revolve around thinking about Jack. More later, but there are other things that've gotten me excited as of late.

1. All Things NPR

  • Best Shows: "Wait, Wait" , "This American Life", "All Things Considered", "All Songs Considered", and the recently discovered "Live Concerts from All Songs Considered" (podcast editions of the last two). The amazing thing to me is that that the later two actually talk about music (meaningful music that isn't Nickelback) in a very interesting way (or there's this site for a meaningful way). And the live concerts - fugedaboutit. They are amazing. And free. And amazing.
2. Impending Football
  • The Colts went to training camp today. And fantasy football talk is beginning to rear its nicotine-like head. A buzz I'd rather not wait for. Although, to complain for but a moment, it's absolutely absurd that the Patriots (who are evil, and who went 18-0 last year) have, literally, statistically the easiest schedule in the NFL. A world gone wrong.
3. Olympic Buildup
  • Just two weeks away. Watching the trials got me excited. Listening to the Olympic Fanfare and other related music (thank you John Williams) is exciting. I not-so-secretly hope that Jack is born on 8/7 so that I'll be home with him during the bulk of the Games. Here's to hoping.
4. New Music

And, if you read this blog, there's a decent chance you'll care when Stacey and I head to the hospital in the next month or so. If you'd like to stay up to date and keep tabs: Baby Bouse Blog.

0 comments: