BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

01 January 2008

No Whitty Title

When I turned 25 on May 1, I made a list of goals, things I wanted to accomplish within the next year. While I haven't been wholly dedicated to completing most of them, I have managed to check a few off. Now that a new year is upon us, and I've less than 5 months to finish up, here's a review of what I've done, what I've officially failed at, and what's left to do (obviously the largest category). If you see any way you can help in getting some of these checked off, let me know.


DONE:

  • Go to a new state
    • Drove through Nebraska on the way to Colorado for Thanksgiving with the Smiths)
  • Bowl a 150
    • Bowled a 151 (starting off the game with a Turkey!) Darbi has photo proof of it all
  • Try five new foods
    • I could do a whole post on this, mostly thanks to my job. Squash pudding, rice pudding, mincemeat pie, Gooseberries, currant ketchup. Just to name a few.
  • Recycle
    • Starting today, I'm committed to the cause
  • Ride a horse
    • Stacey and I went to McCormick Creek's State Park for our anniversary. It included a 90-minute horseback ride
  • Lose twenty pounds (lbs.)
    • Mostly thanks to manual farm work, but remember that the goal did not include keeping it off
  • Go to two (2) live theater performances
    • Halfway done, Stacey and I went to Beef 'n' Boards for the Christmas Show

FAILED TO DO:
  • Take a walk every Sunday
    • I'm not sure I've done even one.

STILL TO DO:
  • Catch a fish
  • Go canoing/whitewater rafting
  • Test Gravity (e.g. sky-dive, bungee, roller coaster)
  • Buy/Eat from a Farmers Market
  • Have my portrait painted
  • Plant a Tree
  • Write the government a letter
  • Write a letter to the editor
  • Start a garden
  • Learn a new necktie style
  • Experience a hot lather shave
  • Go to an Indianapolis Indians game
  • Eat a 100-mile diet meal
  • Go to the Indiana Museum of Art
  • Learn 5 knots
  • Teach my dog to catch a frisbee
  • Attend a rally/protest
  • Donate blood two (2) times
  • Be a vegetarian for a week
  • Watch three (3) movies in a theater in one day
  • Visit a zoo
  • Go on a hot-air balloon ride
  • Leave a huge tip for a waiter
  • Go to a drive-in movie theater
  • Ride a ferris wheel
  • By a stranger something from their Amazon.com wishlist
  • Celebrate five (5) dead people's birthdays
  • Go to an auction
  • Order room service
  • Sell a picture that I've taken
  • Get a pen-pal (e- or text)
  • Complete a newspaper crossword puzzle
  • Finish a bottle of Guinness
  • Stop into a church and let them know how absurd/worthless their signs are

0 comments: