BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

14 February 2008

Best Movies on a Movie Day

Today, a sick day, turned into a movie day in multiple ways.
I'm currently watching the visually stunning movie, "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford." I'm sure I'll share more later.

And then I spent time thinking/sorting through movies in a couple of ways. So, in this lengthy post you'll get two trailers and two lists.

First the trailers:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
It's hard to tell what the storyline is (this is the first trailer), but it still looks really good. And if it turns out well, this may be a validating movie for Shia LeBouf. And who knew: Cate Blanchett is in it. That'll be great.

King Corn
I came across the trailer through Jorge Garcia's blog. Suffice it to say this is the "Fast Food Nation" for farmers and corn. I've not seen it, but I definitely want to now. Has anyone else seen it?

And then the lists:

My Top 50 Movies (Subject to Change if people remind me of great movies I left off, or if I look at the list again and decide differently, which I've already done a dozen times today)

1 - Good Will Hunting
2 - Braveheart
3 - Shawshank Redemption
4 - Life is Beautiful
5 - LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring
6 - Dead Poets Society
7 - Saving Private Ryan
8 - Schindler's List
9 - Philadelphia
10 - Field of Dreams
11 - High Fidelity
12 - Cold Mountain
13 - American Beauty
14 - Batman Begins
15 - 300
16 - Magnolia
17 - Rocky IV
18 - The Village
19 - Forrest Gump
20 - The Rainmaker
21 - 12 Angry Men
22 - Toy Story
23 - About a Boy
24 - As Good as it Gets
25 - Hoosiers
26 - Contact
27 - Vertigo
28 - Unbreakable
29 - Robin Hood
30 - You've Got Mail
31 - A River Runs Through It
32 - Amelie
33 - Singing in the Rain
34 - The Talented Mr. Ripley
35 - Kung Fu Hustle
36 - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
37 - When Harry Met Sally
38 - Love Actually
39 - Se7en
40 - Castaway
41 - A Few Good Men
42 - Psycho
43 - Grizzly Man
44 - X2
45 - To Kill a Mocking Bird
46 - Moulin Rouge
47 - Tombstone
48 - Almost Famous
49 - The Recruit
50 - Finding Nemo


Movies I'm Wanting to See

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Apocalypse Now, Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, The Road to Perdition, Bull Durham, Cool Hand Luke, Duck Soup, Bonnie and Clyde, V for Vendetta, King Corn, Annie Hall, Young Frankenstein, What Would Jesus Buy?, Once, Across the Universe, 3:10 to Yuma, No Country for Old Men, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, Harvey, The Graduate

6 comments:

Bob Thompson said...

Your list is pretty good. Good Will Hunting at number 1 though? Well, I guess you can't argue preference. Of the movies you haven't seen, I have seen Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, and it's real good! Thanks for sharing.

Chalupa said...

So how was the Assassination of Jesse James? I've really been wanting to see that. I saw the trailer for King Corn at the same time I saw a trailer for a documentary called What would Jesus Buy?. It's produce by Morgan Spurlock - guy who did Super Size Me.

The Way EYE See It... said...

I'd like to see Once, The Graduate, What Would Jesus Buy. I enjoyed The Road to Perdition, Bull Durham, Cool Hand Luke, and V for Vendetta. I have V if you'd like to borrow it sometime.

Jonesy said...

I am almost more impressed or should I say shocked by your Want to See list....

There are some great movies on that list. I feel like some that probably will end up on your top 50 list once you watch them.....Bull Durham, Young Frankenstein.

Lij said...

Interesting list of top films. I feel like I know a lot more about you having read through it!

Jon said...

I really need to see Schindler's List, have put it off for so long. Thanks for your prod.

Annie Hall is so great. I really liked No Country For Old Men and 3:10 to Yuma more recently.

Glad to see Unbreakable and Batman Begins so high here. I think the former's underrated.